Tales of a Writing Teen

When you think of teenagers, do you think of lazy, punk, kids, who are spoiled brats and do nothing? I want to change your idea of teens. We're determined. We're motivated. We're busier than ever. We have dreams. Mine is to be a writer, and I'm working toward it.

Monday, September 25, 2006

A Few Updates

I apologize for not updating lately. It still surprises me that people are actually reading my blog, which I consider fairly boring. Hey, maybe you do too, but there's no need to rub that in my face. Since my latest post, a few things have happened.

The biggest is having my query and first page workshopped on Rachel Vater's blog. She gave me some very encouraging feedback, and so did a lot of her blog readers. I'm in the process of sending the new query out to a few agents. Be sure to check out the entry here http://raleva31.livejournal.com/20080.html.

In other news, I got a partial rejection from Michelle Andelman, but it still put a smile on my face. It was personalized, had good suggestions, and she saw my potential. At the moment, Michael Bourret is looking at a full and Megan Atwood is looking at a partial, so I hope it goes well.

Anyway, this is basically all that's happened. If anything big or exciting happens, which I doubt, I'll fill you in. I've got to go eat some chicken nuggets!

6 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Leo said...

How awesome that you are out there, writing and trying at such an early age.
I've just recently finished my first novel, and am looking forward to my first rejection letter.
Good luck to you!

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Bk30 said...

That's cause your query/idea is awesome! lol heck I want to read it. You really are very gifted.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Liane Gentry Skye said...

You remind me of my daughter, although she's 13. She's quite the animator, as well.

We're doing Nanowrimo together next month, I'm sure we'll both be blogging on it.

And girl, your query puts many of mine to shame, I saw it over on Rachel's site.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Good luck with your queries. And thanks for sharing the blog addresses.

What is your WIP about?

 
At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Tori said...

From one young writer to another, best of luck! It sounds like you're on the right track. ^_^

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Ziomal said...

Very nice! I like it. places for birthday parties

 

Post a Comment

<< Home